Homeschool Web Site Background
Limitations on Use
Your use of the homeschool ebooks, homeschool etexts, and associated graphics obtained through this homeschool web site is subject to the following limitations:
- The homeschool ebooks, homeschool etexts, and associated graphics obtained through this homeschool web site may not be used for any commercial purpose.
- The Public Domain homeschool ebooks, homeschool etexts, and associated graphics obtained through this homeschool web site may be copied in print or electronic form without our permission as long as the academy program is credited.
- Users are not permitted to download the homeschool ebooks, homeschool etexts, or associated graphics or any other content, excepting public domain texts, in order to mount them on their own servers for public use or for use by a set of users or subscribers.
You may not use any device, software or routine, including but not limited to any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs or cancelbots, intended to damage or interfere with the proper working of this homeschool web site or to surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information from this homeschool web site. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to denial of service attacks, "spam" or any other such unsolicited overload technique.
It is possible the homeschool ebooks, homeschool etexts, and associated graphics available on this homeschool web site and any medium they may be on may contain defects such as incomplete, inaccurate, or corrupt data, transcription errors, copyright or other intellectual property infringement, a defective or damaged disk or other medium, a computer virus, or computer codes that damage or cannot be read by your equipment. You use this homeschool web site at your own risk. We do not endorse any information posted or content contained on this homeschool web site and we are not liable for any information posted on this homeschool web site, including but not limited to any information posted about you. We reserve the right to take any action with respect to information posted on this homeschool web site which we believe is appropriate in our sole discretion with respect to information posted on this homeschool web site, including but not limited to termination of your rights of use.
This homeschool web site may contain links to third-party web sites not under our control or operation. When we provide links, we do so only as a convenience and do not endorse and are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. We may, in our sole discretion, permit links to this homeschool web site, as long as they do not imply endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation. We do require, however, that you get our prior written consent before creating any type of hyperlink to this homeschool web site. You may frame this homeschool web site only with our prior written consent.
Third Party Content
This homeschool web site may contain news and information published by various third party providers or links to third party web sites. The Terms and Conditions of the respective third parties are posted on their respective web sites (and may be updated from time to time). We recommend that you review those Terms and Conditions.
This academy's homeschool program has both public and private sections of this homeschool web site. Access to these private sections require a username and password which are created by the parent during the application process. Primarily for instruction, these sections are available on a tuition payment. At certain times of the year, the academy offers an installment payment plan to make it easier for homeschool parents and guardians to budget their financial obligations. Upon homeschool enrollment, the homeschool student's parent or guardian is agreeing to pay the total tuition for the then-current school year either in full or according to an installment plan (if currently offered) that allows the full tuition amount to be split into two or more installment payments.
Tuition includes access to up to 6 homeschool courses. Families who wish to enroll in additional homeschool courses may do so at a tuition rate of $195.00 per homeschool course for up to two additional homeschool courses. Homeschool students may not enroll in more than 8 homeschool courses during one school year. There may be additional fees and homeschool course materials for additional homeschool courses which are clearly described within the official homeschool course description.
Families have 30 days from the first student log on in which to determine if the Academy's programs suit the needs of their student(s). Refunds will be granted according to the following policies as long as the family disenrolls from the Academy via email or other written notice to the Member Services department as well as placing a telephone call to Member Services at Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 4:30 PM and Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 4:30 PM EST . Both written and telephone notices are needed for dishomeschool enrollment to be completed and for any refunds to be issued. Fees such as Shipping & Handling, Application or Homeschool enrollment fees and Miscellaneous and/or homeschool curriculum and/or CD and/or Multi-Media fees are non-refundable. The single exception to this policy is that if the academy is unable to accept a student into our program for any reason, the Application/Homeschool enrollment fee is fully refundable.
Any refunds for any given regular learning year must be requested on or before June 30 of that learning year. Any refunds for any summer session or extension must be requested within 10 days of starting summer ssession. We are not able to offer any refunds or credits requested after those dates.
Tuition fees may be refundable according to the following schedule:
- Disenrollment within 30 days of homeschool enrollment:
- If entire yearly tuition has been paid in full at the time of registration, the family will receive a refund of their entire tuition payment minus 25%. If installment plan payments were agreed to at the time of registration and have been paid according to the agreement, all tuition paid minus the first installment payment will be refunded.
- If the student is enrolled in additional homeschool courses beyond the 6 covered by tuition, and the student disenrolls from an additional homeschool course within 30 days of the student's first day of attendance, the student will receive a refund of 75% of the additional homeschool course fee of $195.00. The refund does not apply to homeschool curriculum materials, CD Usage Fees or any other fees necessary for homeschool enrollment in the additional homeschool courses.
- Disenrollment after 30 days of homeschool enrollment date:
- After 30 days, all yearly tuition fees are due and payable. No refunds are available on tuition, homeschool curriculum materials, CD Usage Fees or any other fees.
- If the student is enrolled in additional homeschool courses beyond the 6 covered by tuition, and the student disenrolls from an additional homeschool course after 30 days of the student's first day of attendance, no refunds are available on tuition, homeschool curriculum materials, CD Usage Fees or any other fees.
- Transferring From One Academy to Enroll in Another:
- This academy is managed by Learning By Grace, Inc. which
also manages other online academies. Depending on the time
of the year and the available spaces in any specific
academy, families may be permitted to transfer from one
academy to another and may apply all tuition payments
previously made under the following circumstances:
- If the tuition is higher in the first academy in which the family enrolled, any tuition already paid will be applied to the tuition for the second academy. If the application of this tuition amount exceeds the total tuition for the academy in which they are enrolling, no refunds will be issued on the balance.
- If the application of this tuition amount does not exceed the total tuition for the academy to which they are transferring, the difference between the two tuitions will then become the balance due and owing by the family.
- Families must register for the academy to which they are transferring through the registration area of that academy's web site, as when they registered for the first academy. Registration fees and shipping/handling are never refundable, therefore families must pay both fees again when transferring between academies. Homeschool curriculum materials from the original academy must be returned, and new homeschool curriculum materials for the newly chosen homeschool courses will be provided once again. An exception to this policy is when the student is taking the exact same classes in the new academy. In this instance, homeschool curriculum materials do not need to be returned and new materials do not need to be issued.
- Any CDs received for homeschool curriculum in the first academy must also be returned. The CD Usage Fees paid at the time of registration in the first academy will then be refunded and the family will pay the CD Usage Fees again for the CDs that accompany the homeschool courses they have chosen in the new academy.
- Each academy, even if they offer the same (or similar) homeschool curriculum, is a separate entity. Homeschool coursework completed in one academy cannot be "switched over" or transferred automatically to the new academy. Homeschool students must print out any work completed in the first academy that they wish to save, as this work will not remain accessible after dishomeschool enrollment. Homeschool students may use this previously completed homeschool coursework to complete the same homeschool courses in the new academy so they can quickly complete the weeks of work that have passed. Contact Member Services for a complete explanation of this rule and for assistance.
At times, the academy offers an installment payment plan to make it easier for homeschool parents or guardians to budget yearly tuition costs. This plan is offered interest free as long as invoice payments are not late. For accounts that are not current, a finance charge of 1.5% (subject to State and National regulations) and a Late Fee of $40.00 is added on a monthly basis and will accumulate until the account is paid. Payments may be made through our secure online payment system by logging into the "parent" account and clicking on the "Make Payment" button. Homeschool parents may also call Client Services at Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 4:30 PM and Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 4:30 PM EST for assistance with making payments or asking questions about your account.
For those using Visa or Mastercard, our secure online Auto-Pay system automatically processes charge card payments if/when future payments are due. Using Auto-Pay helps assure uninterrupted service and helps to avoid interest and late charges. Those who do not wish to use Auto-Pay must delete their credit card information on their parent account page. In this case, homeschool parents are responsible for entering a payment via the online system and/or mailing a check or money order for the amount due or re-entering their charge card information when they wish to make a payment. Returned checks are subject to a $30.00 Return Check Fee. Declined Credit Card transactions are subject to a $1.00 Declined Credit Card Fee. Member Services can be reached via the "contact" link at the bottom of this page Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 4:30 PM and Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 4:30 PM EST .
Accounts that are placed in collection because of non-payment are subject to additional fees as permitted by law. The account holder is responsible for all collection costs (legal and para-legal) associated with collection activities for accounts that are cancelled for non-payment. Accounts cancelled for non-payment are subject to an additional $149.00 per student homeschool curriculum fee. However this fee will be credited upon return of all homeschool curriculum materials in good useable condition within 30 days of cancellation. Accounts cancelled or suspended for non-payment are subject to reporting to credit agencies and collection services.
Return of Homeschool Curriculum Materials
Homeschool curriculum materials are provided to our families via ground shipment after homeschool enrollment has been completed and, for 6-12 grades, after homeschool course selection has been finalized. Homeschool curriculum materials may include, but are not limited to, textbooks, workbooks and age-appropriate supplemental materials. These homeschool curriculum materials are provided to enhance the child's educational experience. These materials are not necessary for the completion of homeschool courses. The academy is primarily an online learning environment and, as such, the bulk of the student's homeschool curriculum is presented online. Additionally, CDs containing essential video and audio are included in your homeschool curriculum shipment. There is a CD Usage Fee of 7.95 per CD. Some homeschool courses do not have CDs while others can be accompanied by one to ten CDs. For families who have paid the tuition and fees in full upon registration or according to the agreed tuition installment plan, the Homeschool curriculum Materials do not need to be returned. Video CDs are programmed with a Digital Rights Management function that will allow them to be played only during the current school year; they can be disposed of after that time.
Suspension, Expulsion and Dishomeschool Enrollment
Suspension is a temporary discontinuance of access to the academy's private sections. Homeschool students remain enrolled during a suspension and all financial responsibilities remain in effect during a suspension. If a student is expelled for any reason, the financial responsibility to the tuition ceases upon expulsion. Suspension or expulsion can occur for a variety of reasons, including abuse of Social Center privileges.
Religious Content and World-View
The academy website is centered around traditional, conservative Christianity which is not only limited to subjects such as Bible or Devotions but is extended to be integrated in all traditional subjects. Christian concepts are integrated into all subject areas in all grade levels. The type of Christian content is generally described in our Statement Of Faith. All homeschool students, regardless of religious background, are expected to learn and master all teachings at the academy, which include our Christian foundation. Understanding that this is a Christian learning environment, you agree not to express, attempt to persuade or proselytize other homeschool parents or homeschool students to a differing view even if you disagree with these positions. This policy is in place because homeschool parents expect that the Christian teaching received at the academy is consistent with our Statement of Faith. This policy does not preclude discussions of comparative religions limited to classrooms where such discussion is part of the determined and approved lesson structure. This policy does not apply to situations such as personal, non-public, one-to-one discussions with teachers, tutors and/or administration to discuss and explore matters of a spiritual nature; we encourage such inquiry and encourage our teachers, tutors and administration to participate to the degree that the time involved in such discussions does not interfere with their ability to well tend to the primary needs of their homeschool students.
Submission of Materials
All comments, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information that you transmit to us through this homeschool web site become and will remain our property and may be used by us anywhere, anytime and for any reason whatsoever. Any materials or information submitted to us will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we will not have any obligation to use or evaluate any information we receive from you. In addition, we will not be under any obligation to respond in any way or reveal to you any information about the academy or any of its affiliates. We will not have to pay you or anyone else for using any ideas or other materials that you may transmit to us in connection with the use of this homeschool web site. You should rely solely on your rights under the patent, trademark, and copyright laws. The receipt or consideration of your information by us shall in no way impair our right to contest the validity of your patent, trademark, or copyright. Of homeschool course, you are not to transmit to this homeschool web site any material which is unlawful, threatening, violent, abusive, harassing, degrading, defamatory, libelous, deceptive; fraudulent, or which may give rise to civil or criminal liability, infringe a third party's intellectual property rights, or otherwise violate any law or regulation. Even though we may monitor and review transmissions, we assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including - but not limited to - claims for defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, profanity or misrepresentation.
Credits and Transfer of Credits & Attendence Requirements
(This specific section applies only to students enrolled in one of the Learning By Grace, Inc. managed registered schools)
It is universally accepted that the acceptablity or transferrability of credits from one institution to another is strictly the decision of the "receiving" institution. Parents/students who may need to have credits earned at a Learning By Grace, Inc. managed registered school transferred to or accepted by another institution should always contact the admissions department of that/those institution(s) to verify transferrability. This concept is applicable not only to our academies but to all credit-granting and credit-receiving institutions. Although credits are generally accepted we can not guarantee credit transferrability simply because transferrability is at the discretion of the receiving (not issuing) institution.
The minimum total school year attendance required for graduation from a student enrolled in a Learning By Grace, Inc teacher-led managed registered school is a total of 900 instructional hours. One of the wonderful advantages of online learning is that the day-to-day schedule can be modified to meet a specific learning style. Please note however, that to be considered a "Full-Time" student an average monthly attendance must be reached of no less than 70 instructional hours after the end of the second month of enrollment or with special exceptions. Each school year starts out with every student being classified as a full-time student (if a student is taking a full class load), however beginning at the end of the second month, if a student is averaging less than 70 hours of instructional time per month they are considered a "Part-Time" student until such time as their monthly average instructional hours reaches the 70-hour minimum at which point they are classified as "Full-Time" again. Students taking less than a six (6) courses are considered "Part-Time" students.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation of Liability
Other General Provisions