High School Diploma Online With Our Homeschool Program
To obtain a high school diploma from The Southern Baptist Academy, students must successfully complete at least 24 credits of high school coursework.
Anyone can earn a high school diploma from The Southern Baptist Academy by demonstrating they have fulfilled our high school graduation requirements. This can be accomplished in several ways:
- If your home schooling student has previously attended a public or private institution you must have an official transcript sent to us, which should include a signature and school seal.
- If your home schooling student has previously attended an online homeschooling program such as The Jubilee Academy Online HomeSchooling Program, The Grace Academy Online HomeSchooling Program or others you must send us a homeschooling portfolio, documenting the homeschooling student's grades, subjects, and attendance as well as provide examples of lessons, assignments, tests, quizzes, etc.
It is your responsibility to choose appropriate courses! Please check the following chart.
College Writing and Vocabulary
Christian Fantasy and Fiction
AP English Literature
AP English Language
|Mathematics||4 Credits (MUST include Algebra and Geometry (PreAlgebra does not count as Algebra)||
Algebra 1 (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
|Science||3 Credits (MUST include Biology)||
Biology (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
Human Anatomy and Physiology
World History and
1. American Government (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
2. Economics (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
3. World History (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE), Global Studies, World Religions, or AP European History
4. US History or AP US History (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)
|Global Language||Not required for high school diploma, but required for many colleges||
AP French Language
|Fine Art, Music and Technology||1 Credit||
Art and Music 9-12
20th Century Music
History of Christian Music
Christian Symbolism in Fine Art
|Health and Physical Education||1 Credit (MUST take Health and PE 9-12 and prove 40 hours of PE - see below)||Health and PE 9-12 (MUST TAKE THIS COURSE)|
|General Electives||5 Credits||
Crime and Justice
Power of Prayer
Christian Life Skills
And any course taken in a core subject OVER the required credit amount (ex: If you take 5 English courses: 4 will count towards your English requirement, 1 will count as an Elective)
- One credit will be awarded for each course that is completed correctly (all incomplete and incorrect work will earn a zero).
- Home school students have the ability to work at their own pace throughout the school year.
- A global language is not required, although many higher-level educational institutions require it for admission.
- The Health and Physical Education credit requires the completion of forty (40) hours of an organized sport in addition to the completion of all online lessons in the Health course. To be awarded a complete credit for the year in the Health & Physical Education course, you must provide proof of the student's enrollment and participation in an organized sport of your choice by submitting a receipt of payment for the organized sport, class, etc. or a letter from the instructor or coach noting his/her participation and completion of 40 hours. The 40 required hours must be taken while enrolled in the Health and Physical Education course, or the course may be taken in the summer session following when the hours where completed. If this portion is not completed, the student will earn a half (.5) credit for Health and no credit for PE.
The Southern Baptist Academy Homeschool Program Transcripts
Parents may obtain their homeschool students' grades at any time. Documents requested and provided throughout the homeschool student's current enrollment year will be labeled as an Official Transcript. They can be provided to homeschool parents after the school year has been completed or if the homeschool student has withdrawn from The Southern Baptist Academy Homeschool Program. A $32.00 transcript fee will be automatically charged.
Credits issued on a homeschool transcript can come from a variety of places.
- Home school portfolios encompassing the homeschool student's work for the previous year, including grades, subjects, and attendance, as well as examples of lessons, assignments, tests, quizzes, etc.
- The Southern Baptist Academy Homeschool Program
The Southern Baptist Academy Homeschool Program Transcript Evaluations
Upon receiving the homeschool student's official transcript, The Southern Baptist Academy Homeschool Program prepares an evaluation. The evaluation includes both the transferred credits and courses necessary for graduation that have yet to be completed. We will send you the evaluation and store a copy in your homeschool student's permanent file.
We DO NOT accept any half-credit classes. Each completed and passing course will grant one (1) full credit.
The following transfer fees will be issued:
Public/Private School: $15.00 each
Home School: $27.00
Note: It is important to provide our Registrar with an official transcript to ensure that your student stays on track throughout his or her high school career. If your student is previously enrolled in a homeschool program, check your state laws regarding curriculum standards and requirements.
Southern Baptist Academy students are expected to work diligently and consistently on their school work.
The Southern Baptist Academy is registered in the State of Texas. As such we require all students (even if residing in another state) to fulfill Texas' educational statute which requires that students complete the following amount of hours in a given school year:
- Kindergarten: Five hundred forty (540) net instructional hours.
- Grades 1-3: Seven hundred twenty (720) net instructional hours.
- Grades 4-12: Nine hundred (900) net instructional hours.
The Southern Baptist Academy considers 'net instructional hours' to be the sum of your logged Intructional Time as recorded in your timelog/gradebook plus your logged Joy Directed Activity time.
Students may enter up to 110 hours of Joy Directed Activities per school year.
If a student does not meet these attendance requirements, they will not pass the grade and will be forced to repeat the grade level.
If medical or family issues arise that may cause the student to miss an extended amount of school, a letter must be emailed to the Director of Operations (MemberServices@TheSouthernBaptistAcademy.org) with verification of the issue. All medical and family issues are handled on a case by case basis.
Home School Credit Transfer Requirements
Please click here for the guidelines on how to transfer credits from a home school using a portfolio. Our guidelines are laid out the document. Please contact us after reading the document if you have any additional questions. Please note that we require the Phys. Ed. portion of a transfer home school credit of Health and Phys. Ed. to include a 40-hour letter from a coach or log of Phys. Ed. activities completed. The activities must be completed within the same year of taking Health for your student to receive a transfer credit.
If you should have any questions or concerns, please contact
Member Services by email at